Photoshop Virgin

Leave a Comment
INITIAL THOUGHTS: 
SORRY WHAT? SLOW DOWN? WHAT KEY DO I PRESS? WHO?

So like a lot of others, I have up until these past few weeks, been a photoshop virgin!
To try and kick start us into the course, every Tuesday we have a little seminar on the 'dos and donts' of the photoshop empire. Although I'm finding it increasingly hard to remember all the shortcuts and tools from week to week (I definitely need to go and practice, or get it myself, better option!) 

I thought I was doing pretty well up until this week when we started to talk about contrast and how to make images appear visually engaging! It sounds so interesting and I understand its purpose, I just can't quite do all the nitty gritty bits that require you to get to that stage on photoshop!

I think I need to look up some kind of book 'Photoshop for Dummies' now that would be perfect. 

Despite the negatives I have got some positive results...


Week 1
ABOVE REVEALS ATTEMPT NUMBER 1 OF PHOTOSHOP.
learning the basics, how to open a document and add an image, how to play around with images, crop, lighten, create shapes, duplicate, and most important of all LAYERS! 
Photoshop users will know what I mean when I say LAYERS, probably the most annoying yet important part of using photoshop!






Week 2
This week we were introduced to our Brands for our first assessment, and as you can see mine is Chloe! During todays lecture and seminar we were learning about colour palettes. How to create them, why they are needed, what effect certain colours have next to each other (enhancing), their importance within the fashion industry and how they are used as a tool within advertising.







Week 3.
As there is only a week and a half left now before our assessment of our final mood boards for our given brands, during our free time today I started to play around with the images I've gained from my research and play around with mood board ideas. This week was all about Contrast and how to make images and themes stand out by their positioning, colour, texture, size and many more!

Love Livy x
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig